Jul 19, 2016

A New Title

After eight or so years of blogging under Thirsty Soul (however inconsistently at times) I've decided to change the name here to The Happy Art. It comes from a prayer found in The Valley of Vision:

Teach me the happy art of attending to things temporal with a mind intent on things eternal.

This sums up well the desire of my heart, especially in the season I'm in as a mother of young children. Of course, I wear other hats too. The roles and responsibilities we carry are varied and unique. But whatever they may be, we're all called to work faithfully at what we've been given to do (which sometimes does not look or feel exciting), all the while keeping eternity in our view.

All these minutes and hours and days and years are part of God's plan - our stories being woven into His great story and purpose, for this life and the ages to come.

"Ordinary" life, lived in Him and for Him and looking forward to what's ahead: this is the perspective I try to keep.

What can you expect to find here? The above view is my underlying focus, but I enjoy capturing pictures and memories from our simple days too. So along with more thoughtful posts on faith and scripture and life in Christ, expect a smattering of topics: parenting and marriage and recipes and books and decor and homeschooling (our newest upcoming adventure). And...whatever else I want because it's my blog and I'm the boss :)

I hope you'll follow along! (But if not, at least I'll have a written record of memories and the opportunity to hash out some thoughts now and then!)

8 comments:

  1. I look forward to your future posts Steph. You are such a talented writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph!!! I didn't know you changed blogs!!! Now I'll follow you on this one. :) Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking you would see the update on the Facebook page but yay, glad you found it! I'll be more motivated to write knowing you'll read the posts! :)

      Delete
  3. "It's my blog and I'm the boss" BAHAHAHA! I literally LOLed on that line!! I'm glad you're back at this outlet, now to find..scratch that, MAKE the time to keep at it eh! ;) Reading along here makes me ALMOST want to blog again...I miss the hashing out thoughts and record keeping...but I shall just live vicariously through your blogging.... God bless you as you venture forward! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha glad to give you a laugh :) I WISH you would start blogging again!! Especially now with the distance!! If there is anything I can do to twist your arm, please let me know ;)

      Delete
    2. Yah?! You'd read my rambles again?? lol!! I'm afraid I'm not all that exciting these days...tales of boot camp and quiet studio nights...not really blog worthy! And...what would I call it...I feel the fresh start idea is a good one....you think of a good name for me and I'll think on it! ;)

      Delete
    3. Yes I would read it! You don't have to have exciting events happening to blog! ;) Okay I am seriously going to think on a new name for you, you will be hearing from me! :D

      Delete