May 18, 2015

Plans to blog more, enjoying the season, and 28 weeks pregnant.


The other day I read through some old posts and thought, I'm glad I recorded these things. Even though writing on here has happened so infrequently, I like that I can come back when I want to, even if only saving these thoughts and memories for myself.








 .
I wonder if I would blog more often if I felt good about just posting pictures or little thoughts. I really enjoy reading these sorts of simple, personal blogs and yet I admire people who have a talent for writing and produce wise, thought provoking posts every time. Is there value in small musings? I do think so, so I will try not to compare or hold myself to high expectations every time I get the urge to sit down and write! Just maybe I'll set as a summer goal for myself posting more often!






.
Just now my two little ones are resisting their naps, choosing instead to babble on in conversations with themselves as I sit here thinking some quiet would be nice! We were outside after lunch, trying to stay in the shade as it's suddenly very warm and humid. Spring hasn't lasted long! I have flowers planted in our front beds and some seeds and vegetable plants ready to go in the back little garden, hopefully tonight when it cools off. I love growing things, and having Joshua tag along as I've done some weeding and planting has been fun....although he would rather put on his super exciting bike helmet and go in circles on his tricycle in our driveway as I work. Sometimes he yells, "Bye, see ya! Goin' fishing mommy....going to go walmart!" and I have to pull my pregnant self off the grass in record speed and chase him down the driveway before he rolls out into the street. We are working on boundaries!



 .
Speaking of pregnancy, I'll be 28 weeks this coming Thursday, officially in the third trimester. I'm glad I don't seem to carry very big but I'm still starting to feel clumsy and sluggish - a combination of my growing size and the heat I guess!

This little guy is pretty active - not as active as Joshua if I recall but much more so than our laid-back Miriam was in the womb. Lately I'm starting to feel excitement to see his face and discover who this small person is.

At the same time I'm content with having a few more months with just our first two. I can start to wonder if I'll have what it takes to mother three under the age of three well but I remind myself of God's promised grace for the work He calls us to do.

This task of motherhood is difficult at times, of course! But it holds more joy than I ever imagined.




5 comments:

  1. I'm planning to post more too and I do always plan to write about the small things as I think they form a nice progression from day to day, but life tends to get in the way and then those little events aren't relevant anymore! I love the pictures of your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me - if it wasn't for my blog I'd remember very little from the past six years! I often re-read mine and am like, "Oh yeah!!! I remember that!!" hahahaha!! In regards to you blogging more, I will believe it when I see it! ;) bah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friend, Thank you for taking the time (and energy!) to write. Each of your post is a letter to you friends near and far, giving us a glimpse of God's grace in your life. We are simply grateful to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing pictures of you out with your babes. It reminds me of when you were all little. Instilling a love for nature in them is one of the nicest things you can do for them. Praying for you as you await little # 3. You will be a busy momma!

    ReplyDelete