Sep 14, 2013

Exciting news and an internet break.


I didn't intend to neglect this blog for over a month now, but life happens!

My best excuse is that I have been preoccupied, tired, and sick much of the time. Which brings me to my news: we're expecting another little one early next April! 

Our babies will be sixteen and a half months apart, a fact which has gotten us a few raised eyebrows but most share our excitement and don't write us off as crazy, thankfully :)

It feels a little unreal - in many ways I feel like I'm still adjusting to being a mama, getting used to the fact that we have a child and soon we'll have two? But I am thankful and joyful at this gift of a new little life! Being Joshua's mommy over the past ten months has changed me and shown me a kind of love I didn't know before...so it can only get better as God grows our family.

 And on to the next order of business - we've decided to cancel our internet service for a time. We've thought about this in the past and each time I thought it was crazy and there was no way I could function without having the internet available in our home.

Blogging, facebook, looking up information, watching tv online, email, pinterest...really, how could one survive without ready access to these things!

But Loris and I have talked about it and came to the conclusion that it's been too much of a distraction over the last while. Between his interest in soccer (and the growing desire to be constantly checking scores and keeping up on Italy games) and my often mindless flitting about on facebook and blogs, we decided that we just want the freedom of more easily choosing other things to spend our time on. It's not that what we use the internet for is bad in and of itself, it's just been too easy to waste time!

I'm looking forward to spending more time reading books, more time in the Word, more undistracted time with my husband and little boy when we're home together. I'm looking forward to writing more without the distraction of "just opening up the internet to check a few things..."

And to clarify, we are not against the internet! We just feel that for us, this is the right choice for right now. I'll still have access elsewhere so I do plan on posting here periodically and keeping up with some of you.

Well I believe it's time to indulge in a big bowl of vanilla yoghurt with strawberries...baby needs its evening snack you know!




12 comments:

  1. Anyway, it is your favorite time of year so maybe in all that extra time you have, we should meet half way and go for some walks. I'll push the stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I cannot imagine having Riley 16 months with an infant! He's just all OVER the place! I hope you'll share about your newest addition when you can! We're almost to 1.5 years, walking, it's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I always forget you're that far ahead of us - Riley is getting so big! And yes, I do plan on continuing to post here periodically :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats! I hope you are feeling well and I def. understand you're decision about the internet. My husband and I have taken breaks along the way as well. Will look forward to the odd update :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa, nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy the break! I can see how it would be good for the two of you!! I have been greatly enjoying my intentional use of time and not being online very much!! And I agree with your mom there - perfect time of year to not spend in front of a screen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was about to bid you farewell and then I saw that you might have access elsewhere. Do use the link on my blog to drop me an email if you ever feel like it!

    And congratulations on expecting #2. I'm starting to want another one, but my first year of motherhood was hard, so it's hard to "go there" again psychologically. Right now David is 14 months and a joy (with all the typical toddler adventures). It's hard to IMAGINE having a toddler and an infant just because I love my first one so much and I'm used to heaping unlimited attention on him. However, you and I are both from big families and of course we know there is always enough love to go around. ;) I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll still keep somewhat updated here, as well as post other writings periodically :) And I'll keep reading your blog when I can, Elizabeth! I know what you mean about trying to picture having multiple kids when you're so used to just focusing on that one little one! But I've heard from so many moms that mommy love easily multiplies :) And in regards to adding to your family size eventually, God knows what you can handle and when the time is right I am sure He will prepare you in all the ways necessary.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! That is so exciting! I hope you come back and update often so we can read about your pregnancy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Stephanie! I'm so thrilled for you. Your son is just adorable! Enjoy your time with God and your family. Love you little sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete