May 12, 2013

Today.


Here I was last fall, waiting with so much anticipation, longing to finally hold our little boy in my arms, to breathe in his smell and touch his soft face and tell him how much I loved him.

And now I can hardly remember what it feels like to not be a mother! I had no idea then how love for a child can fill your heart till it physically feels like it might burst.





The past six months of being "mommy" have been indescribably sweet... I can't imagine life without our boy.

Amidst all the typical mention of motherhood leading up to today, one thing has been heavy on my heart: it is a privilege to be a mother.

 I don't take this role for granted. I know of many who long for a child and are still praying, still waiting. My heart hurts for them and I pray for grace for these women on a day that surely must make the pain a little deeper.

I truly thank God for his gift to us of Joshua. Words just can't express how much I love this little one and how I long to be the best I can be for him, the most God desires me to be.



























Thank you my sweet baby, for making being your mama such a joy.


And I can't post on Mother's Day without mentioning my own mom, who's example has shaped me in so many ways. I love you, mom!



6 comments:

  1. How precious Stephanie :) Have a blessed Mother's day! m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, and thank you for following my blog! It's always nice to meet new readers.

      Delete
  2. Your boy and my 4 other grandchildren are wonderful. I so loved having you all here this afternoon. Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy FIRST Mother's Day!! :D That's such a cute photo of Joshua! And yes, isn't it crazy how much you can love someone!?! Such an amazing example of the love God has for us! Crazy to think eh?!!? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo is so cute! I keep coming back to it!

    It's strange how you can't remember a time without the baby isn't it? I often think back to past holidays and wonder 'where was Ivy when we were doing so-and-so?'. I forget she wasn't even born!

    ReplyDelete