Apr 12, 2013

Night


He sleeps with his panda bear every night, sucking on the little attached blankie or pulling the bear close to his face as he drifts to sleep.  Something familiar, something to focus on when I kiss him and leave him alone in his dim room, pulling the door softly shut.




























There is something special about the closing of each day, the good-night ritual. Pajamas and a song and a kiss and a prayer, laying this little bundle-that-I-can-hardly-believe-is-mine gently down in his bed. I look at him in the semi-dark, his little body rising and falling with each breath, and it almost takes my breath away.




























Your mama loves you, little one. More than I ever thought possible.



5 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwe!! Love his little hand holding his Panda! Cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, and he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh this is too cute! It's made me want to go and give Ivy a squeeze but I mustn't wake her up! These photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete