Apr 2, 2013

Blogging Award fun.


I was kindly nominated for the Liebster blogging award by Jessica!

I discovered Jessica's original blog about a year ago and have enjoyed following her posts as she wrote about pregnancy and her cute little boy! Thank you for nominating me!

This appears to be a chain-letter like thing, but it is a fun way to get to know other bloggers better!



Liebster is a German word that means dearest, and this award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who you think deserves more recognition.

















Here are the rules:

  • List 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions which are given to you by your nominator
  • Ask 11 new questions for all the bloggers that you nominate to win the award
  • Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers to win the award
  • Go to each of the blogger’s pages to let them know about their nomination
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you by mentioning them and link back to their blog


I'm going to break this up into two posts, covering the 11 random facts today and answering the 11 questions from Jessica next post, as well as passing on the award!

So, 11 random facts about me...I've always stalled when answering these kinds of things. What should I say?  How do I decide which facts to include of the many that come to mind? I don't want to bore anybody... I am just going to start listing and see what comes out!


1. I tend to overthink things. (Have you already guessed as much?)

2. I love coffee but if I'm home I generally put off drinking it until late morning or afternoon when I get a chance to sit and really enjoy it, usually during my devotional time or with a magazine or good book. Or while blogging. Like right now.

3.  I am the second oldest of seven, with five brothers and a sister.

4. I took a one year biblical studies program after highschool. It was wonderful to sit under many interesting professors and focus on studying the Word of God, serve in various ministry opportunities, and fellowship with classmates and staff. And bonus, I met my friend Kendra there!

5. After that year I wanted to travel so badly...maybe teach English overseas or serve in a missions setting for a time. I looked into a lot of opportunities but several doors were closed, so to speak, and I ended up getting work back in my hometown. The next several years I learned a lot about patience, looking to the Lord for guidance, and doing whatever He put before me, however commonplace it often seemed. I am grateful for the lessons learned in that time.

6. I can play the fiddle. Irish and Celtic tunes are my favourite. I love piano and wish I could play. How amazing would it be to sit down and play songs by  Ludovico Einaudi? ( I just discovered his music last year and love it. And how neat is it that he was born in the same city in Italy as my husband?)

7. I love poking around thrift stores or used classifieds online. Some of my favourite things have been obtained this way. (A vintage mixing bowl and vase, my antique teacher's desk, etc.) 

8. I am an introvert. I enjoy socializing and being around people, but I need regular time alone or I feel overwhelmed.

9. The most common food choice I order when out at restaurants is a club sandwich with fries. I try to be more adventurous, but it always sounds so good!

10. Before having my baby last November, I worked as a support worker for individuals with developmental disabilities, first in a children's respite center and then in an adult group home. This is by far my favourite job that I've had - I fell in love with many of the wonderful individuals I got to work with. I think people with disabilities have a special place in God's heart and have many things to teach the world.

11. My husband and I went from dating to engagement to marriage in eight months. The best whirlwind year of my life! 


So there you have it!

Next post I will answer the eleven questions Jessica chose for me and I'll pick some bloggers to pass the award on to!




5 comments:

  1. Nice. Thanks for the shout out. :) I didn't know that you looked into doing something overseas. Maybe someday you'll get to do that ... all in God's timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yes, whatever He wills. I think those desires were for a time, but we never know what the future holds!

      Delete
  2. Fun stuff! And if you could play the piano like Ludovico Einaudi - that'd be pretty sweet!!! (and that IS cool that he and Loris were born in the same city!!!) I laughed at the clubhouse sandwich bit - you knew I would, didn't you! ;) lol!! I think that because you take time apart to enjoy your coffee you need to treat yourself to better coffee! ;) :D (save the 'other' stuff for like..when I come over! ;) haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, that'd be pretty sweet. Even sweeter, imagine us doing a duet, maybe you could incorporate in some banjo when you finally learn that someday, haha! Yes, as soon as I wrote that bit about the club sandwich I knew it would make you laugh because you are the one who always points that out to me :P And p.s, I will never keep my best coffee from you, friend :)

      Delete
    2. Awww, really?? You'd share your best coffee with ME? I'm flattered!!! :) (and now blushing!) hahaha!!

      Oh, if you learn to play like that I will SO learn to duet along with you on the banjo! It's a deal!! ;) hahah!! :)

      Delete