Mar 28, 2013

Four Months.


Joshua turned four months almost a week ago so I am late with this post but better late then never, right?

I'm feeling sentimental with how quickly he's growing but at the same time the next stage just seems to get better!





Some notes from where we're at:

He continues to be our smiley guy. He loves silly faces and voices and singing. We can get some real out-of-control laughs out of him now, especially with tickles in the right spot!

He will usually give me five hours of sleep at night before waking for a feeding. I still miss my uninterrupted eight hours, but I really can't complain.

The morning after turning four months, he surprised us by rolling over. He is not a big fan of tummy time so now he will usually push up with his arms, look around a moment, and then roll right over onto his back again. I feel like this makes him so independent - how dare you not stay where I place you!  I love it though.

He is so alert and loves new faces, people, and being able to see what's going on.

He drools more then ever, almost constantly has fingers in his mouth, and loves a good mow down on a teething toy. Will randomly reach for toys but doesn't yet seem to get the concept if we hold one out for him.

He loves looking at books with me, very intently studying the pictures.   I hope this continues - I want him to have a love for reading someday!

Every day I think I fall more in love with this little boy. I'm still amazed that I'm his mommy and I get to be the one to love and nurture him and watch him grow. What a gift! 





6 comments:

  1. It's sooo true - the struggle between wanting to keep them little and loving all the new stages and what they bring!! *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss my sleep too but thankfully my husband steps in. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award!

    http://farragoed.wordpress.com/2013/03/29/liebster-award-ive-been-nominated/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, Jessica!! Left you a comment on your blog but I'm not sure if it worked. I'm really excited to do this and will get to it after the Easter weekend :)

      Delete
  3. Cute pictures. I love your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved 4 months. David got to this phase (and still is there) when he grabs anything within arm's reach. It's funny because he never looks at anyone as if to ask, "is this for me?" Nope, just grabs with confidence. "I'll take that!"

    ReplyDelete