Feb 28, 2013

Planning.




























I've been feeling such an itch to set some goals, learn something new, begin some projects that have been on a mental list for quite a while now. My baby is better with naps so I want to take advantage of spare moments.

I want to:
Compile and try out new recipes.
Learn to sew (again - I knew the basics years ago).

Decorate. More pictures up on the walls. New cushion covers. Make a coat hook shelf. And more!

Read. And record books on a 2013 reading list for motivation. Perhaps I'll share the titles here as I go.

Spend time in the Word. Oh how I need this, every day. I've fallen so short of my plans for making this a priority this year but still I long, and am determined to be more faithful.

Write more on this blog, even if I don't always have such insightful thoughts or eloquent prose.

I could keep going but I think I'll be doing great if I accomplish even a few things I've listed so far!

What new things do you want to do?


7 comments:

  1. I know, I know!!! I think, for me, it's part Spring fever setting in but I feel like going a million miles in a million directions - sooo many things to do/try!! Haha, yes write, even without insightful thoughts or eloquent prose - look at me, that's all I write! ;) haha!! I just love the creative outlet that blogging gives- especially with littles because it (blogging) makes no mess and can be put away easily when the kids call!! Oh and I think I might be challenging myself to a month long photo challenge - you game???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, spring fever for sure! Why not take advantage of the extra motivation, right? :)

      Delete
  2. Come back to goodreads! Make a goal. It's so much fun to see your progress. My goal for this year is 50 books and I've read 15 ... I may have to move my goal up. Oh, the joys of being a librarian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 15 books already? You inspire me Kendra!

      Delete
  3. All of the above, although the sewing will have to wait until I get a sewing machine.

    Another is relearning some hymns/spiritual songs, and singing them to my baby.

    Also, setting up the home office/craft room. That goes in the "decorating" category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a sewing machine (yet) but hope to use my mom's for a project. I almost added memorizing hymns to sing to my baby to my list! I copied down one last month but didn't get farther than the first verse. It's a great goal! Share pictures of your office/craft room when you're done? I love seeing what people create in their homes!

      Delete
    2. If you plant seeds again and put them on the little table beside Loris's chair, it will look almost the same as the photo you posted. And come use my machine anytime. I will even give you a tutorial but it will cost you...in baby cuddles. Spring is a lovely time to set new goals and get inspired!

      Delete