Jan 27, 2013

Surprise on the step.

It was very cold outside, so my husband went to start the car to warm up before we brought the baby out - and there on the deck was a giant box! A giant green box that turned out to be a parcel sent from a friend in Toronto (who I haven't spoken to in a long long time).

We felt like excited kids (at least I did) and tore it open and spent the next half hour going through all the lovely lovely gifts....things to welcome Joshua and special things for me....a whale pillow for the nursery, adorable clothes and little toys, fancy organic bath things and tea and chocolate and all kids of other goodies.
























Rain boots! And little leather puppy shoes! Could baby boy footwear be any cuter? I think not.

























I'm thankful for a friend who's generosity made my day week. Her giving heart is an example and inspiration to me.

.Thank you, Sarah!

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift! How kind ... it's from SP, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! That is soo fun!!! What a blessing!!! :D (is that why you weren't in Church today???) lol!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very fun! The package came last week - I actually stayed home today because I hurt my already sore back slipping on our stairs last night and could barely move about. Feeling a little better after resting today but I think it will take some time to heal yet.

      Delete
    2. oOOo - that's not good! :( I'm sorry to hear that!! Praying for quick healing! ♥

      Delete
  3. That is so fun! Uh uh, sore back+baby is not a good combination, hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a generous/kind friend! Your pics have captured how much your cute baby has grown! It is true, I was always amazed of how each day I would get to know my babies and fall in love more and more. Your past post of sitting on the sofa with your semi-mess around you remind me of those days. I used to feel captured on the sofa...and after time I would slowly get used to the mess:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Likely I'll keep updates on the new one, especially of the boy! I'm looking for invitations for his birthday - how did that happen!?

    ReplyDelete