May 2, 2012

New Things

I said I had a story to tell, didn't I?

Looking back over the past two months leaves me in awe of the gifts God has given, the way He has answered prayers, swiftly bringing a new season into view, dazzling us with His goodness.

In March, eight months of marriage had passed and I had already told myself to stop buying pregnancy tests and that the Lord might have other things in mind for us...we both longed for a baby, but began to think that we were going to have a long season of infertility, and started looking at what else the plan might be for the time being.  After all, Loris was still looking for work, and we wanted to save for a house over the next couple years. We weren't thinking seriously about buying any time soon since the housing prices in our city are so high and a mortgage was completely out of our reach, so we thought maybe God was holding us in this baby-free season so we could save and move towards that goal.

So Loris was trying harder and harder every day to find work, and I was working hard at my job as a support worker and also doing housekeeping on the side for extra cash. Putting away savings, budgeting and being careful.

And then one day at work I realized the date and did a calculation, puzzling over the result in my head. It couldn't be...but I was too curious to wait so on the way home I picked up a pregnancy test and smuggled it back in my purse and took it that evening when my husband was occupied in the other room. I just could not believe my eyes at the positive result, and afterwards Loris laughed at the way I came bursting out of the bathroom, jumping up and down and unable to really say anything except "Come see!!" He looked as surprised as I felt when he saw the test on the bathroom counter! And then of course I couldn't do anything but tear up and Loris wouldn't tell you this but he had at least a tear as well.

So Loris was still without a job and we didn't know what the future would hold, but we could not have been more joyful and excited!

Almost two months have passed and it still feels unreal but is slowly sinking in: we are having a baby!

And I'll save part two of our exciting news for next time.

photo credit

6 comments:

  1. Aww Steph, this is so sweet! I'm so happy for you guys! Thanks for sharing your sweet little surprise from God! I can't wait to hear what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Stephanie, I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It's an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting this news was when you shared it with us! Your life will be forever changed. One of the greatest joys God gives us is our children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS! So excited for you!!! What an awesome blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you left a comment on my blog because I was hoping it meant you had updated here! So happy for you! Take care of yourself and enjoy your sweet husband and the miracle growing within you. I'll be waiting for part 2!

    ReplyDelete