Sep 21, 2011

Breathe new life in me

I have loved Keith and Kristyn Getty's music for a long time - lovely melodies and lyrics that are deep and meaningful.

This afternoon I stumbled across a song I haven't heard before: Holy Spirit Living Breath of God.

Everything else I was busy with was halted and I just sat in the glow of late-afternoon sunshine coming in our little apartment window and listened, worshiped.



My heart has been busy over the last couple days - little things getting to me, just a general sense of relying on myself, being preoccupied with things that don't really matter. All this crowding out who I am in Christ and how He has called me to live. The lyrics in this verse give voice to my heart's prayer:

Holy Spirit living Breath of God

Breathe new life into my willing soul

Bring the presence of the Risen Lord

To renew my heart and make me whole

Thank God for His desire to draw us near to Him, for His relentless grip of grace.


5 comments:

  1. I so feel the same way so many times! Thank you for sharing this song! Also thank you for offering to do a guest post! My email is jkhollands@gmail.com so if you just want to write me we can go from there :)
    Blessings!!
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog header and your clean stove ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, thanks, Jessica. It was a brand new stove when we got the apartment, so I can't take credit. :)

    ReplyDelete