Aug 17, 2011

Suddenly, Here

I am a married woman. ......................................................................................

Newly engaged back in March, I was warned - It will go by so fast, you will
wonder where all the time went!...enjoy each moment, because the wedding will be here and gone before you know it...

And in all the fun and chaos of planning this wedding (and a big move, no small detail!) I tried to heed the advice and slow down, but not fully realizing the weight of what others who had been-there-done-that were telling me. Often, I just wanted the days to go by faster so I could step in to the role of walking through life with my love, husband and wife.

But here I am, very much wondering where the time went, although of course thrilled to be m
arried, to be together at last. No more driving an hour back and forth to see each other, and waiting those long days between visits!

It is so good to be here, where we are - almost a month into marriage! But with how fast it's flown by - dating, engagement, a month of marriage behind us - I've been thinking a lot about time...

how short it is, and such a gift, and how necessary to live with your eyes open, so to speak - to think and choose wisely in how we spend our minutes and hours and days which eventually add up to a life time - here and gone in a blink in the grand sweep of eternity.

And thinking about this brings up many other things I want to write about, but another time.

I have to do another load of laundry and think about dinner for my husband!

(Photo: view from our balcony)

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Thank you so much for your comment and your tip. I'm going to try it! It certainly cannot make it look any worse :)
    And congrats on being a married woman!!! Keep attempting to enjoy each moment because it still goes by SO fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on this new adventure! I'm so glad you are back to bloggin'- I've missed reading your stuff. :)>> Enjoy the time no matter how fast it moves...By the way, I love the view from your balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph I know exactly what you mean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time does really fly by sometimes. It's even worse when you have a kiddo! I have to constantly remind myself to slow down and enjoy the moments because things are always changing.

    I'm looking forward to following along and hearing more of your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate! We had an hour commute too when we were dating. How have we been married a month already? It will be interesting to compare notes with you on the beginning of marriage.

    ReplyDelete